Day 1: Marrakech – High Atlas – Tisselday
Your driver will pick you up at 9.00 am at your accommodation in Marrakech. We drive through the beautiful High Atlas Mountains, its Berber villages and over the spectacular Tizin’Tichka pass (2.260m). Lunch will be served at the lovely Irocha Guest House in Tisselday. After relaxation, you will be picked up by a local guide and enjoy a 2 hours trekking past the surrounding mountain and valley scenery with beautiful sights of the High Atlas Mountains. Later in the afternoon you return back for relaxation and dinner at your guest house. Overnight including half board at Irocha Guest House, Tisselday
Day 2: Tisselday – Ait Benhaddou – Zagora – Mhamid
Early morning departure by 4×4 from Irocha Guest House. We take a little dirt road to reach Ait Benhaddou, Morocco’s most famous Kasbah. Lunch at Kasbah Tamnougalte.
After lunch, the journey continues partly off road through the Draa valley towards Zagora. We stop on the way to visit the underground Kasbah and the Koran library of historical Tamegroute before reaching Mhamid. Overnight including half board at the peaceful Hotel Kasbah Sahara Services, Mhamid.
Day 3: Mhamid – Sacred Oasis – Erg Chegaga
After a rich breakfast you will get picked up by your driver and your journey will continue through the beautiful desert landscape to a sacred Oasis for lunch break. This Oasis consists of a small group of palm trees around a source in the midst of the desert, where you can find running water throughout the whole year.
In the afternoon we will travel a further 15 km till we reach the dunes of Erg Chegaga. Enjoy the splendor of the sunset during a guided 2 hour camel ride. Dinner and entertainment at the camp. Overnight including half board at the Sahara Service Standard Camp, Erg Chegaga.
Day 4: Erg Chegaga – Foum Zguid – Lac Iriqui – Taznakht – Marrakech
This morning you ride on the back of a saddled camel for around 2 hours and enter the Sahara desert with its stunning dunes. Afterwards our adventure continues by driving part of the the old Paris – Dakar road via the dry Lake of Iriqui towards Foum Zguid. Lunch will be served in the berber village of Taznakht. In the evening we will be back in the red city of Marrakech.
- Experienced english/french speaking driver-guide
- 4 days transportation in our modern, air conditioned 4×4 Toyota Land Cruiser
- 1 night at Irocha Guest House, Tisselday incl. half board
- 1 night at Hotel Kasbah Sahara Services, Mhamid incl. half board
- 1 night at Sahara Services Standard Camp, Erg Chegaga incl. half board
- Guided camel rides & guided trekking as indicated
- Entrance fees
- Taxes and fees
- Drinks & lunches
- Personal expenses
- Tips & gratuities
- Optional activity/upgrade costs
Upgrade Erg Chegaga Camp
- Comfort upgrade option: EUR 55.00 per person including half board
- Sahara Services Torza Comfort Camp, Erg Chegaga
- Luxury upgrade option: EUR 85.00 per person including half board
- Sahara Services Luxury Camp, Erg Chegaga
- Summer time option:
- In the morning of day 3 you have the option to do a guided tour im Mhamid and visit the 7 Kasbahs or just relax and enjoy the swimming pool at the Hotel Kasbah Sahara Services before heading off to the Desert of Erg Chegaga.