Day 1: Marrakech – Ait Benhaddou – Draa Valley – Mhamid
Your driver will pick you up at 7.30 am at your accommodation in Marrakech. We travel through the High Atlas Mountains via the Tichka Pass (2260 m) – the highest road pass in Morocco offering spectacular panoramic views of the mountains and valleys with a winding road. Enjoy the beautiful landscapes with different colours and the Berber villages along the way. We will visit several kasbahs along the way, including Tamnougalt and Ait Benhaddou.
A 16th century UNESCO site, Ait Benhaddou is one of the best preserved and most spectacular kasbahs in Morocco. A famous site for Hollywood films, Ait Benhaddou was used for the blockbuster film of Gladiator. The trip continues through the palm-lined Draa river valley. Short stop in Zagora for a cup of Moroccan tea. Afterwards we continue towards the gate of the Sahara desert, Mhamid. Overnight including half board at the charming Hotel Kasbah Sahara Services, Mhamid.
Day 2: Mhamid – Sacred Oasis – Erg Chegaga sand dunes
After your breakfast, you ride on the back of a saddled camel and enter the Sahara desert. A two hours ride followed by a break for lunch in M’hamid. From there we travel by 4×4 vehicle through the beautiful desert landscape with a break to enjoy a berber sahara tea in a sacred oasis. We reach the sand dunes of Erg Chegaga, the largest group of dunes in the region, reaching a height of 300 m and a span of 40 km. Entertainment and overnight including half board at our Sahara Services Standard Camp, Erg Chegaga.
Day 3: Chegaga sand dunes – Foum Zguid – Taznakht – Marrakech
Early morning enjoy the sunrise up the sand dunes followed by a hearty breakfast at the camp. We will leave our camp in a 4×4 vehicle via the old Paris-Dakar road, cross the Iriqui lake and finally reach Foum Zguid. Lunch will be served in the berber village of Taznakht. In the evening we will be back in the red city of Marrakech.
- Experienced english/french speaking driver-guide
- 3 days transportation in our modern, air conditioned 4×4 Toyota Land Cruiser
- 1 night at Hotel Kasbah Sahara Services, Mhamid inkl. half board
- 1 night at Sahara Services Standard Camp, Erg Chegaga incl. half board
- Guided camel ride
- Entrance fees
- Taxes and fees
- Drinks & lunches
- Personal expenses
- Tips & gratuities
- Optional activity/upgrade costs
Upgrade Erg Chegaga Camp
- Comfort upgrade option: EUR 55.00 per person including half board
- Sahara Services Torza Comfort Camp, Erg Chegaga
- Luxury upgrade option: EUR 85.00 per person including half board
- Sahara Services Luxury Camp, Erg Chegaga
- Summer time option:
- In the morning of day 2 you have the option to do a guided tour in Mhamid and visit the 7 Kasbahs or just relax and enjoy the swimming pool at the Hotel Kasbah Sahara Services before heading off to the Desert of Erg Chegaga.