Recreating the simple nomadic lifestyle, ride a camel and spend three nights camping out under the crystal clear desert skies, the dramatic desert backdrop covered by a dreamy blanket of stars.
Day 1: Mhamid – Sidi Naji
Meeting point 08.00am at Hotel Kasbah Sahara Services in Mhamid. We start our trip on the back of our camel to explore and discover the most beautiful parts of the big desert. Our journey is leading us towards the big dunes of Ez-Zahar. After about 3 hours ridding we enjoy our lunch break under a shadowy tree in Race Nkhel, a haven that epitomizes the eco-tourism, followed by a cup of tea to refresh our bodies to get ready for the following activity. After another 3 hours riding and/or trekking, we set up our camp in Sidi Naji (A Nomad tribe shrine). Overnight including half board at Sahara Services Mobile Camp, Sidi Naji.
Day 2: Sidi Naji – Ezzahar
This morning, we take our luggage and move on through the magic Sahara desert. We cross a big part of the desert area (about 3 hours of camel riding). Lunch will be enjoyed in the middle of the desert. Refreshed and strengthened, we continue to explore and enjoy the superb and unusual sights. After another 3 hours of walking, we set up our camp in a wonderful dune area named Ezzahar. Overnight including half board at Sahara Services Mobile Bivouac Camp, Ezzahar.
Day 3: Ezzahar – Es-Smar- Oued Naam
After the sunrise and our breakfast, we carry on our trekking for about 3 hours with our companion animal (camel) towards the dunes of Es-Smar. Lunch will be enjoyed in the shadow of a big Tamaris tree, next to the ruins of this old village, after lunch departure to Oued Naam the hike will take 2 hours and half, mobile camp and night.
Our journey continues for another 2 hours approx. till we reach Oued Naam where we will set up our camp.Enjoy the sunset and get a taste of a different world of calmness and tranquility. Overnight including half board at Sahara Service Mobile Bivouac Camp, Oued Naam.
Day 4: Oued Naam – Mhamid
After breakfast we pack and start our way towards Mhamid village. It will take us around 3 hours by camel or hike till we reach our lunch spot. Enjoy a light lunch prepared by your guide followed by a cup of “thé à la mente”. After a small siesta we will continue to ride back through the amazing desert landscape to the Mhamid, which we will reach in the evening at around 18.00h. Continue your journey or extend your stay for another night at our cosy Hotel Kasbah Sahara Services.
- 1 night including half board at Sahara Services Mobile Bivouac Camp, Sidi Naji
- 1 night including half board at Sahara Services Mobile Bivouac Camp, Ezzahar
- 1 night including half board at Sahar Services Standard Camp, Oued Naam
- Free parking of your car at Hotel Kasbah Sahara Services, Mhamid
- Experienced guide and cooking crew
- 4 days of guided camel rides & trekkings
- 4 lunches
- Taxes and fees
- Personal expenses
- Tips & gratuities
- Optional activity costs
Pre/post night in Mhamid
- Double room: EUR 30.00 per person/night including half board
- Hotel Kasbah Sahara Services, Mhamid
What to bring
- Sleeping bag
- Trekking shoes
- Sun protection
- Personal equipment
- Due to our hot climate, this Desert Tour is not available during the summer months
- There are limited possibilities to wash during this desert trip. Enjoy an extra night after the tour to treat yourself with a hot shower and some relaxation at the refreshing pool of Hotel Kasbah Sahara Services in Mhamid.